As voracious readers, at times, we feel weighed down by our reading commitments and challenges. So for all such readers like me, here’s a little nudge to keep going. Here’re a few of my favorite quotes from famous literary figures. For those who read incessantly without the need for a nudge, cheers! May you enjoy the post.
Keep reading the word. Keep sharing the love.
- When I get a little money, I buy books. If any is left, I buy food and clothes. — Erasmus
- There is no friend as loyal as a book. — Ernest Hemingway
- I am simply a ‘book drunkard.’ Books have the same irresistible temptation for me that liquor has for its devotee. I cannot withstand them. — L.M. Montgomery
- Never trust anyone who has not brought a book with them. — Lemony Snicket
- A book is a gift you can open again and again.—Garrison Keillor
- We read to know we are not alone.—C.S. Lewis
- The greatest gift is a passion for reading.—Elizabeth Hardwick
- Read, read, read.—William Faulkner
- Let us read and let us dance—two amusements that will never do any harm to the world.—Voltaire
- I have always imagined that paradise will be a kind of library.—Jorge Luis Borges
THE UNREAD BOOK©